- Launch Rate – $75
Early – $80
Regular – $90
Late – $100
Race Weekend (if available) – $120
- Registration is limited to 400 triathletes.
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 / 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. TBD
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 / 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. at the Race Site
You must have the following items to pick up your Crawfishman Triathlon Race Packet
- Membership card printed from USAT website
- or Membership card displayed digitally on smart phone
- or Proof of purchase of One-day license
- And Photo ID
If you cannot provide one of the above you will be required to purchase a one-day license
Must be 18 or older to pick up packet. A legal parent or guardian must be present to sign waivers for minors to compete.
T-shirts are distributed according to size requested during registration. If extras remain after the race, shirts can be exchanged at that time.
- The Crawfishman Triathlon will be sanctioned by USA Triathlon. Participants that are not current annual USAT members will be required to purchase a $15 one day license at athlete check in. You will also be required to furnish a photo i.d. at athlete check in. All athletes must pick up their own packet. You CANNOT have someone else pick it up for you.
- Must be 15 years or older to participate.
- 6:00 Transition Opens
- 7:30 Start Time
Race Day Parking:
- Grande Hills Estates is a beautiful neighborhood that has been a tremendously gracious host for the last few years of the Crawfishman Triathlon. We have secured the use of private property around the race venue. To ensure a good parking spot we recommend you arrive early. Parking professionals from FESS will be on site starting at 5:30 a.m. to guide athletes and spectators into approved parking. Please follow their directions to maximize the available parking spaces. Sunrise is 6:02 a.m. Use caution as athletes, volunteers and staff will be moving about in the early morning hours.
- MyLaps Triathlon Timing Tags will be distributed at Packet Pick Up. The disposable triathlon straps attach around the ankle through the use of adhesive strips. Please put on the triathlon timing strap prior to the event, as it is cannot be reapplied.
Swim Course :
- 1000 yard is triangular, Grande Hills Lake
- USA Triathlon Wetsuits rules 4.4 Wet suits. Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit. The wetsuit policy for elite athletes shall be determined by the USAT Athletes Advisory Council. The AAC has set the wetsuit maximum temperature for elite athletes at 68 degrees for swim distances less than 3000 meters and 71.6 degrees for distances of 3000 meters or greater.
- Self-seeded rolling start
Transition Area Conduct:
- For safety reasons, you will not be permitted to ride your bike in or out of the transition area. You must walk or run while in the transition area. Please watch out for other athletes as you move through transition and follow the instructions of race officials and volunteers. It is a USAT rule that if you are on your bike anywhere on race day, you MUST have on a helmet. Failure to do so can result in a penalty or disqualification.
- 18 mile out and back with some 90 degree turns, please be cautious of gravel at all turns. Bike goes out back entrance of 1083 and turns right, continue to right turn onto Highway 40 continue to just before intersection with highway 21, turn around and return same route back.
- Each athlete is required to wear an approved helmet during the bike segment. You must have your helmet securely fastened on your head before you mount and dismount your bike. Drafting and blocking (impeding the progress of passing cyclists) are not permitted during the race. USAT officials will monitor the bike course and strictly enforce these rules.
- 4 mile course will be within the Grande Hill Estates subdivision, out Churchill Downs Drive to Hialeah and back. Hilly.
- There will be a water station located near the 2 mile turnaround point.
- Course will be closed at 11:30
- Swim Cutoff: 8:30
- Bike Cutoff: 10:00
- Run Cutoff: 11:30
- Transition no longer secure after 11:30
- Please notify a race official and return your MyLaps Triathlon timing strap at the finish line if you decide to drop out of the race.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct or the verbal abuse of any race official, volunteer, or race staff during a race or at any time during event weekend will result in immediate disqualification.
Post Race Party:
- Join the Post Race party that will start at 9:00 and hang around Awards will begin at 10:30. Be sure to stick around for music, food, beer, and a great time with fellow racers. Everything will be wrapped up at 12:00.