Sunday, May 19th, 2019
Swim: 400 meters or 1000 yards
Bike: 18 Miles
Run: 4 Miles
RACE DAY PARKING
Grande Hills Estates is a beautiful neighborhood that has been a tremendously gracious host for the last few years of the Crawfishman Triathlon. We have secured the use of private property around the race venue. To ensure a good parking spot we recommend you arrive early. Parking professionals from FESS will be on site starting at 5:30 a.m. to guide athletes and spectators into approved parking. Please follow their directions to maximize the available parking spaces. Sunrise is 6:02 a.m. Use caution as athletes, volunteers and staff will be moving about in the early morning hours.
Race Day Details
Packet Pick-up: 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. at the Race Site
Transition Opens: 6:00 a.m.
Transition Closes: 7:15 a.m.
Race Starts: 7:30 a.m.
(rolling self-seeded start – 3 seconds between swimmers)
- Course will be closed at 11:30
- Swim Cutoff: 8:30
- Bike Cutoff: 10:00
- Run Cutoff: 11:30
- Transition no longer secure after 11:30
Packet Pickup Info
- Saturday, May 18, 2019 / 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 / 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. at the Race Site
You must have the following items to pick up your Crawfishman Triathlon Race Packet
- Membership card printed from USAT website -OR- Membership card displayed digitally on smart phone -OR- Proof of purchase of One-day license
- And Photo ID
If you cannot provide one of the above you will be required to purchase a one-day license
Must be 18 or older to pick up packet. A legal parent or guardian must be present to sign waivers for minors to compete.
T-shirts are distributed according to size requested during registration. If extras remain after the race, shirts can be exchanged at that time.
Once the 2019 Race Guide is available, you’ll be able to download it here. PLEASE review this guide as it is your responsibility to be familiar with the event, timeline and rules.
Post Race party
Join the Post Race party that will start at 9:00 and hang around Awards will begin at 10:30. Be sure to stick around for music, food, beer, and a great time with fellow racers. Everything will be wrapped up at 12:00.
- 400 meters or 1000 yard is triangular, Grande Hills Lake
- Swim Waves: Self-seeded rolling start with the 400 meter swimmers starting first.
- The race will follow USA Triathlon wetsuits rules. Click here for specifics >>
- 18 mile out and back with some 90 degree turns, please be cautious of gravel at all turns.
- Each athlete is required to wear an approved helmet and must have your helmet securely fastened on your head before you mount and dismount your bike. Drafting and blocking (impeding the progress of passing cyclists) are not permitted during the race. USAT officials will monitor the bike course and strictly enforce these rules.
- 4 mile course will be within the Grande Hill Estates subdivision, out Churchill Downs Drive to Hialeah and back.
- There will be a water station located near the 2 mile turnaround point.
Timing Chips: MyLaps Triathlon Timing Tags will be distributed at Packet Pick Up. The disposable triathlon straps attach around the ankle through the use of adhesive strips. Please put on the triathlon timing strap prior to the event, as it is cannot be reapplied.
Dropping Out: Please notify a race official and return your MyLaps Triathlon timing strap at the finish line if you decide to drop out of the race.
Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Unsportsmanlike conduct or the verbal abuse of any race official, volunteer, or race staff during a race or at any time during event weekend will result in immediate disqualification.